How to choose a good motorcycle battery
If you enjoy motorcycling, the best way is to select the best motorcycle battery for a smooth ride. Most people may choose the economical and cheapest one. However, choosing a battery based on its price tag can come with risks and damage because it may has inferior quality and functionality. Purchasing a good motorcycle battery is a useful investment. There are a number of key factors that need to be given due importance when you’re looking for the best motorcycle battery. This guide will help you in making a correct purchase decision and helps you to purchase a powerful and stable battery.
Without a powerful and stable quality, you cannot enjoy the excitement you have been longing for, thus you need to understand the requirements of the motorcycle's battery, then you can select the right one. Since you're reading this in-depth guide, you are already on the right track.
1.CCACold-cranking amps (CCAs) are the number of amps a lead-acid battery can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts per cell. This is important especially in a cold climate when engine conditions are at their worst and battery power is at its lowest. To put it in simple terms, a bigger CCA motorcycle engine needs a higher chargeable battery.
Most of the best vehicle motocycle batteries are designed specifically for full-size motorcycles with an output voltage of 12 volts. Since there are different models and sizes of motorcycles on the market, they also have different requirements. Therefore, you need to carefully check the battery that comes with your motorcycle to understand the voltage it requires.
● You need to select a lower chargeable battery for a smaller engine and a higher chargeable battery for a bigger CCA motorcycle engine.
● If you have an older model motorcycle that usually takes longer to start, it's best to choose a higher CCA battery. However, if you have a new motorcycle model, then you can choose a battery that has a lower ampere count.
● The way you ride your motorcycle and the total time you spend riding your bike will determine which battery you should consider, so you need to be clear about overall power the battery can provide. If you don't want to waste time recharging your battery, then you need to purchase a battery with a higher charge and a longer battery life.
2. The materials used to make batteriesThe material and the way the battery is made is also important because it determines the battery's durability. If you're a cyclist who likes to travel for long distances, consider buying a battery has good resistance to vibration, heat, and pressure and can be used in harsh weather conditions.
3.Warranty PeriodThe guarantee offered by the manufacturer is proportional to his confidence in the product. Choose a reliable battery brand, which usually offers a longer warranty. Some well-known brands even offer a refund policy of up to 60 days for returns. If you are not satisfied or convinced with the performance and quality of the battery, you can return it within the specified time, or you can get a refund.
4. Reserve capacity of batteryBattery storage capacity is also crucial. It refers to the number of minutes it takes a fully charged battery to charge at a given temperature. A longer reserve capacity that is the indication of a better quality battery as well.
5.ConsultWhether you consider the opinions of experts or reviews from various users, if you can glean some useful insights from their experience, you will be helpful to the products you plan to buy. You can also ask your friends for their opinion. It will help you distinguish the available options, thereby narrowing your options.
6.MaintenanceChoose a motorcycle battery that requires minimal maintenance. Essentially, this means you don't have to put as much effort into keeping the battery in good condition.
ConclusionIf you want to have a pleasant ride, a fully charged motorcycle battery is not to be ignored. Choosing the right type of battery is crucial as it can help you start the engine smoothly. Make sure that you consider all of the above key factors when buying a new motorcycle battery or planning to replace an old model. It will help you choose the best motorcycle battery that meets both your needs and your budget.
It is almost impossible to ride well without a good motorcycle battery. And there are many choices on the market and finding the best motorcycle battery can take a lot of time and a lot of effort. Tiger Head is a motorcycle battery supplier and our main products include 10 series including best rechargeable motorcycle battery, hot sale AGM dry charge motorcycle battery series, car battery, and solar energy series, etc. Contact us today to get a quotation！